LOCATION: Johnsons Haulage - Seaton Ross, York
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Yard Based
As Product Support Engineer for the Krone UK team based in Seaton Ross, you will be reporting to the Product Support Workshop Manager. You will be working within a tight team in order to maintain, refurbish, service and repair Krone used machines, Krone demo machines and Krone show machines to a high standard. You will support the Product Support team to resolve all open service issues.
In addition to these main tasks you will:
- Work closely with Product Support Workshop Manager to provide territory support in any area of the UK when required.
- Be available to work away from home during the working week in season.
- Be able to service and maintain machines to a very high standard and ensure that machines are ready to go directly to work when complete.
- Have the flexibility to work in the factory in Germany over the winter to have full training on Krone equipment and systems.
- Make sure that all job cards and time sheets are completed in a timely manner and forwarded for processing.
- Ensure that records of all Krone UK machines in terms of hours, acres and bale count are recorded to ensure that all Krone UK records are accurate at all time.
- Assist the set-up of shows and demos which are supported by Krone UK.
- Show an understanding of the dealer structure in terms of parts and service.
- Display a high work ethic to ensure any work done on machines is completed with the highest quality finish.
- Advise Krone UK Operations Manager and After Sales Manager of any outstanding issues with demonstration equipment
- Ensure that any damage to Krone demonstration equipment caused by customers is flagged so a charge can be made to the appropriate dealer.
- Must be flexible on working hours and be able to work extended hours when required
- Have the drive and motivation to fully understand the Krone product in order to understand and meet both the company’s overall objectives and customer needs and expectations.
- Align products and services to meet customer requirements.
- Promote excellence in customer service
- Show honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Communicate relevant information to all concerned
- Build and maintains good internal and external working relationships
- Be receptive to new ideas and welcome change
- Make appropriate decisions in response to pressures and priorities
- Personally well organised.
- In order to continuously keep up with growing demands and innovative technology, permanent training and qualification courses of drivers and sales and service employees are essential factors for success. Krone Spelle homes leading technology, training resources and leading industry professionals.
- You will receive training in the UK over the winter to have full training on Krone equipment and systems – additionally, there may be times where training takes place in Spelle, Germany so flexibility for travel is required
- You will be required to actively participate in Company Training and Health & Safety Training. This means you will also conduct yourself in accordance with Krone UK’s Health & Safety Policies at all times and report and breaches, dangerous occurrence or accidents to your supervisor or Health & Safety Representative immediately
- You will attain and maintain Krone product knowledge and inform your supervisor when you need support
At Krone UK you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
- Competitive Salary
- Private healthcare (after successful completion of probation period)
- Competitive Pension Scheme (after successful completion of probation period)
- Lap top
- Work within a tight, hardworking team with a strong work ethic
As this position is physically demanding on a day-to-day basis, it required a fully able bodied person for health and safety reasons.
To apply: Send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Information: Call Sally Sunderland on 0113 287 8800
Company Information: Krone is a specialist hay and forage machinery manufacturer, delivering production and efficiency for its customers, while being at the forefront of research and development in the sector.
Krone was founded in Spelle, Germany, in 1906 with the intention of making farming more efficient and profitable. It continues to further that vision by supplying innovative, performance-engineered equipment that has become the benchmark in the hay and forage industry.
The company is still owned and operated by the Krone family, which means that every machine bearing the Krone name is engineered to meet the same time-tested, exacting standards that have earned it a worldwide reputation for quality.